Spotlight: 11 Honors Scholars Included In New Limbitless Scholars Progam
From Left to Right: Rishi Basdeo, Basma Heda, Chase Walker, Zach Whitacre, Jules Gozlan, Anna Kester, Aleena Vorhees, Ryan Mayers, Ashley Rickman (Not Pictured: Alexandria Gothelf, Delaney McLinden)
Since 2014, Limbitless Solutions has been an innovative presence for bionics and disability solutions in the University of Central Florida (UCF) community and nationwide. They celebrated a new milestone this spring with the official launch of the Limbitless Scholars Program, of which a third of the members are Burnett Honors Scholars.
This program allows UCF students from a variety of majors to apply their skills in engineering, public relations, art and more toward helping children with limb differences. The inaugural class includes 19 students, bringing the current number of undergraduates to 30. The eleven Burnett Honors Scholars interns are:
- Administration Team:
- Aleena Voorhees (Industrial Engineering, University Honors)
- Alexandria Gothelf (Health Services Administration, University Honors)
- Delaney McLinden (Interdisciplinary Studies, University Honors)
- Computer Team:
- Chase Walker (Computer Engineering, University Honors)
- Engineering Team:
- Basma Heda (Mechanical Engineering, University Honors)
- Jules Gozlan (Mechanical Engineering, University Honors)
- Rishi Basdeo (Biomedical Science and Mechanical Engineering, University Honors)
- Zach Whitacre (Mechanical Engineering, University Honors)
- Public Relations/Media Team:
- Ashley Rickman (Advertising/Public Relations, University Honors)
- Ryan Mayers (Film, University Honors)
- Visual Art Team:
- Anna Kester (Studio Art, Honors in the Major)
“On any given day in the Limbitless Lab, you can find people sanding and painting 3D-printed prosthetics, programming websites, creating content for social media, designing accessible games, learning how to network with professionals, and more,” explained Public Relations/Media intern, Ashley Rickman.
Rickman discovered Limbitless when they presented at Honors Symposium last fall. Motivated by their cause, she emailed Limbitless to apply [for the internship] that same night.
From the Burnett Honors College family, congrats to these ten students on becoming Limbitless Scholars! Create, inspire, and continue to strive for excellence in all that you do.
Rishi Badeo; Biomedical Science and Mechanical Engineering Major; Engineering Team Scholar.
Anna Kester, Studio Art Major and Visual Art Team Scholar.
To learn more about Limbitless and the Limbitless Scholars Program, visit: https://limbitless-solutions.org/