Thesis Chair Info
- Thesis Chair Quick Guide (2021)
- Summer C and Fall 2021 Deadlines Calendar (Uploaded 04/13/2021)
- Click here to access the HUT Student Handbook, which outlines the policies and procedures expected of HUT Scholars.
If you are currently serving on one or more Honors Undergraduate Thesis committees and have not enrolled in the HUT Webcourse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the invitation link.
Become a Thesis Chair
There is a growing demand for faculty members to serve as thesis chairs for incoming Honors Thesis students. We are asking qualifying faculty who are interested in being thesis chairs to fill out this short survey: www.tinyurl.com/HUT-thesis-chair. The information collected in this survey will be housed in the Office of Honors Research — not posted online.
If a student has difficulty finding a thesis chair, the hope is that we will have at least one or two faculty members with similar interests to recommend to the student. We would appreciate if you can take the survey and distribute it to your colleagues, so everyone has the chance to get involved in this program.
- Office of Undergraduate Research: Effective Mentoring Practices
- CUR: Five Effective Strategies for Mentoring Undergraduates: Students’ Perspectives
by Mario Pita et. al.
- The Mentor’s Guide: Facilitating Effective Learning Relationships
by Lois J. Zachary
- Entering Mentoring: A Seminar to Train a New Generation of Scientists
by Joe Handelsman et. al.
- (For the Humanities) "Can You Really Do Humanities Research With Your Undergraduates?"
Article by Mischa Willett in The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Factors that predict life sciences student persistence in undergraduate research experiences
by Cooper KM, Gin LE, Akeeh B, Clark CE, Hunter JS, Roderick TB, et. al. (2019)