Student Assistant Opportunity (Federal Work Study ONLY)
About: Student office assistants are responsible for the initial first impression of the UCF Institute of Government to the community. Students should feel comfortable working alongside the management team. This position requires a friendly personality, excellent customer service, organization skills, and the ability to multitask.
We are recruiting multiple student assistants. We have diverse projects, so we can tailor the below duties to the student’s interests/strengths. Provide day-to-day support for our consulting projects:
- Client Relations: Provide excellent customer service to clients outside of UCF, and to internal UCF employees, via telephone, email, and in-person
- Schedule & coordinate consultant meetings, seminars and conferences, including catering
- Research and organize information on current and upcoming consulting projects (Project Management)
- Assist with client billing/invoicing and payment tracking (Accounts Payable & Receivable)
- Assist with developing and sending marketing materials to clients (Marketing)
- Assist in preparing materials for training workshops
- Assist in coordinating special events and conferences (Events / Hospitality)
- Type letters, certificates, envelopes, name badges, meeting minutes, and workshop evaluations
- Update and maintain contact lists and databases
- Filing and archiving
- Assist the Director with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Why Work for Us? If you are interested in learning about consulting, and gaining professional experience to build your resume, we are the right workplace for you! The UCF Institute of Government is a consulting division under the UCF umbrella. We provide training, consulting, conference, and association management services to clients such as:
- City of Orlando,
- City of Altamonte Springs,
- City of Ocala,
- City of Port Orange,
- City of Titusville,
- Orange County,
- Seminole County,
- Volusia County,
- St. Johns River Water Management District,
- Florida Association of Code Enforcement,
- Florida Benchmarking Consortium,
- UCF Office of Diversity,
- UCF Foundation,
- UCF Human Resources,
- Florida Center for Nursing,
- and many other government and non-profit agencies.
Location: UCF’s Research Park, with easy parking (no decal needed) and convenient UCF campus shuttle stop. 12443 Research Parkway, Orlando, Florida 32826.
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Flexible schedule that works around your class schedule, academic breaks, and final exams. Require a minimum 15 hour/week commitment.
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter who wants to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with staff and clients
- Ability to maintain confidential data
- Attention to detail
- MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new software including databases, Quicken, & Constant Contact
- Eligible for Federal Work Study for Spring 2019
- Fits best in these majors, but is open to ANY major with relevant skills: Public Administration, Business, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Political Science, Hospitality, other
How To Apply: Via Handshake (app.joinhandshake.com) at job #2232455 Student Office Assistant-UCF Institute of Government (a UCF consulting dept.).
About UCF Federal Work Study Positions
Questions about FWS eligibility can be directed to the FWS Coordinator in the Office of Student Financial Assistance, Millican Hall, Room 107.