Paid Social Media/Marketing Internship
Position: Paid Social Media/Marketing Intern
Organization: The Elevation Scholars Program
Who We Are: The Elevation Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 public charity launched in 2014 as the philanthropic arm of Elevation Financial Group, LLC. The foundation’s mission is to transform distressed communities and its focus locally is to address educational inequality among high performing students from low income families. One of the two primary programs in The Elevation Foundation, The Elevation Scholars Program seeks to address the issue of “under matching” which is when high performing students from low income families do not apply to or attend the level of highly selective college or university warranted by their academic and extracurricular achievements. We believe under matching reinforces a cycle of neighborhood-based poverty and that The Elevation Scholars Program can break the cycles of generational poverty experienced by many of the extraordinary students we serve. The program has 150+ students at four area Title 1 high schools participating in its programming.
Job Description: The Elevation Scholars Program Social Media and Marketing Intern will be responsible for managing the program’s social media accounts, increasing marketing efforts, and re-branding the program. The intern will work directly with the Program Director and Program Coordinator to communicate our message across multiple platforms, and will be able to develop a brand for our program, based on our mission, audience, values and content. The position will provide you with valuable digital media and marketing experience with a growing organization.
Schedule: Availability should be approximately 6-8 hours per week, at $12 an hour. The team will work with you to develop a weekly schedule, which may be a combination of in-office hours and remote or off-site work.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to meet deadlines and anticipate next steps
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of emerging platforms, digital media and social media management and measurement tools (i.e. HootSuite, Buffer)
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Working knowledge of graphic design software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Preferred majors: Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations
- Work with Program Coordinator to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Manage all social media platforms for the program (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Develop a monthly social media calendar to ensure content is timely, engaging and beneficial
- Assist with the management of MailChimp and creation of quarterly e-newsletters for the program
- Prepare bi-weekly analytical reports to track growth and successes of social media platforms
- Monitor social media platforms and engage with followers and partners on all platforms, to increase our social media presence
- Identify community leaders and partners and engage with them through social media
- Assist with updating the program’s website, and re-branding this platform to increase traffic to the site
- When necessary, make on-site visits to our partner high schools, as well as be present at Elevation events, to photograph and record content for usage on our various platforms
Email your resume to Aminah Harris at AHarris@elevationfinancialgroup.com