Internship Opportunity: Jackson Wealth Management, LLC
Jackson Wealth Management, LLC is seeking a part-time or full-time client service intern to work alongside team members and assist with day-to-day operations. This is an entry-level position multi-semester opportunity.
Preferred majors: pre-finance, finance, accounting – but anyone with a strong math background who is interested in investments can apply.
“Entering the financial services industry—especially with a large financial institution—required dedication to my studies and a rigorous work ethic. All I needed was a chance to prove myself. An incredible opportunity presented itself in the fall of 2017 when I was chosen to work as a client service manager with Jackson Wealth Management, a local boutique investment firm focused on retirement and tax planning. Among my fellow colleagues was a former Burnett Honors College graduate who offered sincere mentorship as I embarked on my first professional position within the financial services industry. This mentor proved invaluable, always offering support. As a result, this internship laid the foundation that I eagerly sought out: experience in an asset management realm.” – Robert Vatian, BHC Scholar
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Learning cutting edge portfolio management and how to trade securities.
- Working alongside and being trained by experienced advisors throughout the financial analysis and recommendation process. Sitting in on client meetings.
- Provide administrative and sales support to all financial advisors at the firm which includes but is not limited to opening new accounts, processing orders for existing clients, and answering general questions in regards to our organization.
- Maintain client relations by filtering all inbound calls to the appropriate source.
- Schedule and maintain the firm’s calendar in respect to setting and confirming appointments.
- Prepare financial planning reports for new and existing clients.
- Maintain client contact database and update client information accordingly.