Founders’ Day Award
The Founders' Day Honors Convocation, held annually since 1990, serves as an opportunity for the University of Central Florida to recognize outstanding faculty, staff, and student accomplishments during the preceding year. Students who have completed an undergraduate thesis are eligible to receive the Outstanding Thesis award after nomination by their thesis chair and selection by a faculty committee.
Students who are selected for the Outstanding Thesis award will be notified prior to the Founders' Day Honors Convocation. Both students and their thesis chair(s) are encouraged to attend this event, which is held on the UCF main campus during the spring semester.
The following requirements must be met in order for a student to be nominated for the Outstanding Thesis award:
- Successful completion and publication of their Honors Undergraduate Thesis
- Successful fulfillment of all Honors Undergraduate Thesis program requirements
- Graduation from the University of Central Florida with their baccalaureate degree in the previous calendar year
Thesis Chair Nominations
The call for nominations is sent electronically through email to faculty and college/campus coordinators in January. Faculty thesis chairs who are interested in nominating students who meet the eligibility criteria must draft a letter of support that is addressed to “The Members of the Honors Selection Committee”. All letters of support must be submitted to the Director of the Office of Honors Research.
Thesis chairs may nominate their student’s thesis for award consideration in one of four categories:
- Social Sciences, Business, and Education
- Natural Sciences and Health Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Arts and Humanities.
One student will be selected to receive the Outstanding Thesis award in each category, and the selected students will receive a $500 stipend.