Do I need an appointment for Honors advising?

During Summer A, Honors advisors Rex and Laura, as well as Peer Advisors Marley, Mackenzie, and Anika, are available for drop-in advising on Zoom! Starting May 17, drop-in hours are scheduled as follows:

• Monday 2-4 (Except May 31)
• Wednesday 10-12

All Zoom advising drop-in sessions can be accessed via

To schedule an advising appointment, please email an Honors advisor with your availability at or


Where do I go to find out when I can register for classes and add, drop, swap, or withdraw from classes?

UCF’s Academic Calendar provides information regarding numerous important dates, including the registration period, add/drop/swap deadlines, withdrawal deadlines, and tuition payment deadlines for several past and future semesters.

There’s a class that I really need, but it’s full. Can you help me?

If it’s an Honors class, please contact Rex Roberts, Director of Advising, to discuss the process for a possible override. Please note that most Honors classes now have waitlists, so usually the best thing to do is to add (or swap) onto the waitlist for the course via myUCF. For a non-Honors course, you should contact the department that offers the class. For example, please visit the Department of Mathematics regarding an override for non-Honors Calculus 1.


Do I have to take an Honors class every semester?

No, but please note that you will be asked to meet with an Honors advisor to discuss your future Honors course enrollment if you do not take any Honors classes for two consecutive semesters.

I’m active in both the University Honors and Honors Undergraduate Thesis programs. Can I use my HUT courses to satisfy University Honors requirements?

One semester of Undergraduate Thesis can satisfy one University Honors upper-division requirement. This course is the second part of the HUT sequence. Directed Readings, the first course in the sequence, will not satisfy a University Honors requirement. Please contact the Office of Honors Research for more information about the Honors Undergraduate Thesis program.



I am graduating with Honors soon. Do I have to fill out any forms?

Yes, you must complete and submit an Honors Intent To Graduate form to the Office of Student Services in BHC 110. Please click here for further instructions. If you need help filling out the form or you’re not sure whether you meet the requirements, please talk to an Honors advisor.

Office of Honors Advising

  • Phone: 407.823.2076
  • Email:
  • Office: BHC 107 &109