14 Honors Students to Receive the Order of Pegasus(Link)
Published: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
UCF has named 21 students as recipients of the Order of Pegasus, the university’s most prestigious student award.
The 2017 recipients were selected from a pool of 65 nominations. Of the 2017 class, 14 out of the 17 undergraduates selected are Burnett Honors College students.
Undergraduate students are chosen for Order of Pegasus each year based on their outstanding achievement in the areas of academic achievement, university involvement, leadership and community service. Because of the breadth of accomplishments required for this award, the Order of Pegasus is the highest student award that can be attained at the university.
The winners will be honored at a ceremony this spring on March 27.
The names and a picture of the inductees will be added to the wall showcasing past and present Order of Pegasus recipients in the Pegasus Lounge located on the second floor of the Student Union. Inductees also receive commemorative medals, scholarships from the Student Government Association and lifetime memberships to the UCF Alumni Association.
This year’s Burnett Honors College recipients are:
- Andrew Aboujaoude, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Sandeep Bala, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Austin Burns, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Emily Dovydaitis, College of Sciences, Anthropology and Biology
- Erin Driscoll, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Lauren Gandy, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Sciences, French and Forensic Biochemistry
- Ari Hadar, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Sabrina Jerome, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Sciences, Religion and Cultural Studies and Political Science
- Daniel Kleiman, College of Sciences, Psychology
- Barbara Mendez-Campos, College of Health and Public Affairs, Social Work
- Catherine Ninah, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Industrial Engineering
- Angel Sanchez, College of Health and Public Affairs and College of Sciences, Legal Studies and Political Science
- Taylor Scimeca, College of Sciences and Undergraduate Studies, Political Science and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Halle Scott, College of Business Administration, Marketing
Click here to read the full article.